Our client, established in 1972 and working primarily in Staffordshire and the Midlands, specialise in providing a one-stop-shop building solution from inception to construction for projects up to £2m in value. Employing a workforce of over 35 local people including site management, site supervisors, joiners, plasterers, groundworkers, bricklayers and labourers. They also use a number of pre-qualified and established local subcontractors to deliver specialist trades.
Why they approached us:
Our client had worked on an ad hoc basis for many years for public sector clients who were starting to use Frameworks as their preferred procurement route. They were also facing increasing competition from national contractors who were becoming increasingly active in their local market.
Our client didn’t have the in-house resource to or skill set to produce the tenders required to continue winning the work.
Our added value:
- Helping the client identify how their experience could be used to demonstrate their ability and competence.
- Identifying added value and helping the client to understand the importance of capturing added value for use in tenders.
- Helping the client understand ‘value’ from the client’s perspective and evidence it in the tender.
- Answer plans which focused on scoring top marks through structured responses backed by relevant and credible evidence.
- Bid Managing the preparation and submission processes for a client unfamiliar with framework tenders or electronic submissions, freeing his team to focus on their core roles.
- Creating a professional, clear and branded document which gave an excellent impression of our clients investment in winning.
We helped our client with both the PQQ and tender stage of the process resulting in their first ever successful framework tender. They were successfully appointed to Lot 1 of the 4 year contract which was worth £15m-£142m total.
“The guys from Propeller were great. Their knowledge in my sector of work was second to none. Meetings with Stuart and Sue were comprehensive, informative and extremely productive. The answers and help given to complete both the PQQ and ITT was first class in so much that we have just gained award of the first framework agreement this company has ever tendered for. Thanks Guys.” Client’s Managing Director
End Client: Local County Council
Form of contract: JCT Services provided:
Sector: Local Authority
Size of business: 35+ employees