Our client is a British based manufacturer of 3G artificial and synthetic turf pitches, with a national UK delivery presence. They had secured success on the Manufacturer led Artificial Grass Pitch Framework and sought to be reappointed as a Framework Operator again.
When the framework renewal presented itself our client realised that getting on the framework was much more complex this time round with the inclusion of a substantial written quality element within the tender.
Their intention was to bid as a consortium, led by our client, and supported by a leading sports contractor. It quickly became apparent that, with a consortium approach to the tender, and numerous passionate voices contributing opinions, there was a real danger of the key messages being lost in the tender submission.
Recognising the strategic importance to the business of the new framework and concerned that their internal bid process needed significant improvement, their MD approached Propeller for an initial workshop to gauge the most beneficial engagement with the Propeller team.
In reviewing the way in which they undertook the quality bid process, we identified numerous services that would support them in producing a compelling response to the ITT document. Early engagement with the client enabled us to establish a strong rapport, by understanding the challenges that they faced to win the tender.
From Propeller’s point of view the key challenge was co-ordinating the input of multiple contributors with different personnel and company writing styles, a variety of opinions and approaches and harnessing that passion and commitment to create a coherent, readable and high scoring submission.
The services we provided included:
- reviewing their initial Pre-qualification responses and identifying areas for future improvement
- managing the tender process, including facilitation of red and final review sessions
- tender launch workshop and evidence-gathering session to define the deliverables, allocate responders, plan strategy and agree the delivery programme
- developing a governance model to satisfy the requirement of the Framework and match the client’s administration methods
- drafting the tender document, including re-writing the client’s directly employed staff submissions
- creating tailored CVs for key delivery Framework team members
- creating numerous infographics, defining the client’s process management techniques and including these within the key sections of the document
- creating innovative and highly informative organograms, incorporating styles and methods unknown to the client
End Client: Football Foundation with Rugby Football Union, English Sports Council and England Hockey
Service Type: Writing, Design, Project Management, Review, Design, Supply and Installation, NEC Contracts, Framework Agreement
Sectors: Construction, Manufacturing, Sport and Leisure
Full Services Listing: